Friday, March 2, 2012

Susan and Sandy

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to get feedback from our guest speaker, Susan Moore, on my first prints for my book.  My chosen subject is flowers.  After class on Tuesday I received some great feedback from classmates, as well as a couple of Digital I students who came into the lab.  Of the 4 prints I had, Susan thought I had 2-3 different ideas going.  In one of my photos, there was a bright green background with a vibrant purple rose.  She said that the two colors were competing.  She said it was a nice image, but the use of depth of field would help.  Also, she advised to respect color and think about how it's placed in the photo.

She gave me the names of a few artists to check out.  The first one is Sandy Skoglund and her website is here:  http://www.sandyskoglund.com/.  I really enjoyed her work, she uses color and it is very strategically placed in most of her photos.  Here are a few that I really liked:  








No comments:

Post a Comment